Child Protection Statement
Purpose Of Site
This web site has been produced for the following purposes:
- to promote Scouting in general
- to promote the 1st Winchester Scout Group in particular
- to provide parents and young members a place to find useful
information about our activities
- to provide a show case for some of the work that the young
people have undertaken.
This site does not include
any Internet Chat Room technologies.
We strongly discourage all young people from using such facilities
anywhere on the Internet.
Child Protection Precautions
We have followed the guidelines
produced by the Scout Association and we have added the following
precautions to protect the young people in our charge.
- No times and places of future events will be published.
- No adult or young person will be identified.
- No personal details will be published.
- Photographs of people are only used to demonstrate activities
undertaken by our members.
- Permission to use photographs has been obtained from all relevant
parents or guardians. When permission is declined alternative
pictures are chosen unless there is no alternative in which
case the picture will be altered to comply with the wishes of
the parents / guardians.
- No pictures showing the exterior of our headquarters will
- The quality of photographs is deliberately reduced to:
a) improve the time to load a page
b) make it harder to identify individuals
c) make it harder to make copies if the pictures for unauthorised
- E-mail addresses of adults are only included with the consent
of the adult.
- No contact details of young people, of any sort, will be published.
- The web site will not be registered with any 'search engine'.
It is acknowledged that such systems do automatically search
the world wide web but their results generally give priority
to registered sites.
- The web site will only register it's address with the following
a) the national Scout Association's web site
b) the Hampshire Scout web site: www.scouts-hants.org.uk
c) the Hampshire County Council web site
d) the Winchester
District Scout Council web site.
These rules have been checked and approved by the Hampshire County
Scout Child Protection Officer.